A point emphasised by running a beta program is that people have little time to invest, the people working with you to help you improve your product often do so through a spirit of generosity, but even the most generous spirit has pressing demands on their time. Most of us are looking for immediacy, we want it all we want it now!
- So we had to make Adept more immediate, helping customer get their projects to fruition as quickly as possible. We decided to do this by improving the template capability of the product:
- Providing templates that are complete working systems. Nothing is easier than taking something that already exists and using it, perhaps with just a little tweaking.
- Keeping the capability to mash up components from diverse template to make new apps. Perhaps taking a Company form from one App and a Time sheet form from another to create an app that logs time against client.
- Allowing every aspect of a form from a template to be customized, add fields and pages, remove fields and pages or change the page flow. A form created from a template is exactly the same as a form created from scratch.
- Use your prior work as a sources of template material. We all know this one, I’d swear that I’ve already made one of these…
- Making it easy to search for templates and forms, search app templates when you create apps, search for form templates when you create forms.
We are pleased to announce that the template capability is now fully functional and available in Adept at adept.donnamobile.com.
We’ve started the ball rolling by implementing a few templates, CRM, Project Tracking and Budgeting, Client Time Recording, Expenses and Timesheets. We want to make many more ensuring that Adept addresses the needs of many, and to achieve this we need your help.
Here is our offer:
“If you want an app that runs in Adept for a purpose not covered by our existing templates contact us at support.donnamobile.com, we will be happy to develop the app for you as long as you are happy for us to make a public template from the app. You just need to make sure that we understand the task and we’ll do the rest”.
We’ll also pull roadmap features forward and implement them if your app needs new capabilities. We look forward to hearing from you soon.